Sunday, July 3, 2011

Behind closed doors..

mood: lazy
craving: a little this and a little of that...



Salam alykom and Hola to all my readers out there. I almost have 300 followers. Wow. I just want to say THANKS. When I write, I try to write the exact way I'm feeling from my inner self, my heart. I wish you could hear me talking, it's the exact way that I write. I don't think it's the best, but I try to get my points across the best way I can. Thanks for reading my words,thoughts and concerns about my life and about other peoples' lives. When I'm writing I'm talking to y'all. Even if a lot of entries are about me, you never know if that one entry is really about someone elses life, what they're going though.   I never would of thought I would have such a big audience. I like it. I hope that everyone out there reading about my on going life has gotten a tad bit of info about what kind of person I am and what kind of person I've become in the last year. I've learned a lot in my life in the last ten years. So, on to my entry. Have a great 4th of July, my fellow Americans. And to my overseas audience, I'm sure y'all are in dream land about now. :)


When one of my friends or family asks what kind of life I lived in UAE, I say a good one. But, they're really asking, what goes on behind closed doors in a Muslim/Arab/cultured family. I immediately say, I don't wear my scarf inside, I live a normal life, I don't live in a tent. I was treated good: I acted silly, I talked on the phone to my best girl friends, danced in the kitchen while cooking, sang in the shower, watched tv, had a lot of dinner parties, went to my friends' homes, shopped until my little feet couldn't stand anymore, went out to eat with my girl friends and... ready for this? I even drove my very own SUV. I didn't  ride on a camel.  I did all that. I wasn't beaten or talked to badly and my in laws didn't just pop up when they wanted. We had our own villa. Everyone respected everyone there. So, yeah none of that bad stuff y'all think happened, happened. Or that y'all see on TV. I was a lot more social there than I am here in the states. Meaning, we always had to be somewhere or had guest. Be it, weddings all the time or at family events. The family life here in the States is a lot different than over there. Weekends here in the States are more quiet than the weekends there. I think everything in general is more quiet here and not such a fast pace. I'm finally getting over my culture shock at being over here in the States. It's taken a lot of time, but it's coming.




Last night my childhood best friends came over and they brought their older sister, whom I haven't seen in so many years. She laughed and said, "How'd you like it there? What's the life like?" I answered her and we started talking about the differences. It's amazing how people think that just because you're married to an Arab, you're going to be treated so badly. I've seen more men treat women bad here in this country, than in the Middle East. Remember, I'm talking about my friends, how their husbands treat them. There's a famous quote they have from, UAE. It goes like this, "Arrive in Dubai a woman. Leave there, a princess." Did I leave there a princess? Yeah, I did. I feel that my life there was amazing. I met amazing people from all over the world and then some. I did more than a lot of people I know would ever do in their life. Most of all, I feel like I learned what life is all about. I learned to respect before love. Without respect, there can never be love. That my friends is what happens behind closed doors in the Middle East. Well, at least that was my experience. I'm sure y'all have heard many scary stories. But, thank God it didn't happen in my world.

final whisper:

5 comments:

that's me said...

Salam sis
Mash'allah beautiful post, and so true what you said, I'm in Egypt and I do feel like a princes, the life here is sooooo diferent than in any other non muslim country, islam is about respect and yap, men treat women so badly in other countries because the lack of respect in the marriage.
and we follow you because you are a very nice person, sincere person, keep going and don't forguet we are all with you ^_^

nidurali said...

Jazak Allahu khayr جزاك اللهُ خيراً

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "If good is done to someone and then they say "Jazak Allahu khayran" to the one who did the good, they have indeed praised them well." [Tirmidhi]
Jazak Allahu khayr جزاك اللهُ خيراً

MarieHarmony said...

Nice to read so positive words, as what is usually told is not so bright and not so true.
Totally agree with you - respect before love, it is the conclusion I have been up to this past couple of days.
Have a great week. Always lovely to stop my and read, cause you're being you not faking 1 second.

Texan, after UAE said...

just me, gracias por cada palabra que dices. te quiero, hermana.
nidurali , brother may Allah bless you a million times over and over...

MarieHarmony, thanks for stopping by and taking your time to read my little blog. (((hugs)))

purplelurve said...

love this post. love this blog. :)

Because life is beautiful.

Labels

Random LOVE UAE Mubarak UAE-TEXAS best friends happiness life texas Abu dhabi Amber - Birthday America Arabic language Arabs BIRTHDAY - Random BLOGGING Belief in Islam Bukoor and OUD CUPCAKES Candy - Mac and Cheese - Best Friends - Kool-Aid - Diamond rings Different languages Friends - Honestly - Islam Friendship - Family - Love~ juan Friendship - Love - BBQ'ing Germany Getting a maid... God - Faith - I miss you ISLAM - Muslim women's rights- Respect - Education - Money ISLAM - QURAN - sister - Islam - God - Islam - Seas - Embryonic Development Italy - friends - JESUS Jannah - Heaven - Paradise Jesus - God - Quran - Islam - Muslims Jummah LOVE - DUBAI - DAD - Jesus - ISLAM - Husband - Kids - Ramadan - PINK - Mother in law - snow LOVE ?Allah - god - ALLAH - ALLAH - Allah - love - LoVE - lOvE and LOVE Liars Love - life - charity MAKE-UP Mabarak Mabruk Eshnuk and Malik Maids Marriage - Weddings - Love - Happiness Mi amor Missing my son New York Oud - salwa - Kalemat PHOTOMANIA.... PMS - shoes - polish - waxing - Perfumes - Oils Philosophy Prayers Quote Quran Quran - God - Jesus Random... Roaches Shahda... Stay Trish Mcvoy - Mac - Aveda - Estee Lauder United Arab Emirates Vacation World Affairs amber amber's 17th birthday. azooz baba and azooz-good-bye blueberry muffins bread rolls- Chai breakfast cancer death - Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan eid favorites feeling Nostalgic flowers - love - hope - wind good-bye home inspiration kids- random libya m missing family missing grandparents. mom - love mosha mothers and friendship movies - weddings - tantrums - hot white chocolate - Caribou mr jim glass my Mother my dad my daughter nonna old friends patience quotes rain random pics rawan secrets shahadah shopping - IKEA - sisters - love three years old